Five Steps For A Great Oven Clean In Streatham
Published on Thursday, 15 May 2014
Cleaning the oven is one of the toughest jobs in the house, and for that reason, no one wants to do it too often! This is unfortunate, as the fact is, the more often you clean something, the less difficult it is to get the thing clean each time. If you were to wipe down your oven in Streatham every week, then it would be exactly that, a wipe down. However, people rarely do it once a month, let alone once a week, so the job is a lot larger than it needs to be. That said, if you are prepared and you know what you are doing, then there is no reason that you can’t get the oven looking like new with a bit of elbow grease and dedication. Have a look over the following steps for how to clean your oven properly.
1. Remove the racks and trays form the oven, and place them in the sink. Some oven cleaning products come with a dedicated set of bags for the trays, which you fill with the fluid, so that the trays or racks are completely submerged. This submersion will ensure that the cleaning fluid has the best possible chance of getting at the dirt that has been baked on to the metal, so that you have less work to do. If you don’t have the bags in your home in Streatham, SW16, then simply lay the trays or racks in the empty sink, and cover them with the cleaning fluid, so that the trays are submerged. Leave these in place whilst you move on to the oven itself.
2. Spray down the inside of the oven, and ensure that you wear gloves whilst you are doing so, as the chemical make up of the cleaning fluids used in oven cleaners are usually full of harsh and toxic chemicals that can burn the skin and cause life long problems with dryness or eczema. When spraying the oven cleaner in, ensure that every nook and cranny is covered. However, when you are looking into the oven to check that you have a good coverage, ensure that you are not leaning in to the oven or breathing in the fumes that the oven cleaner can give off, as this can be pretty dangerous, and may well make you feel really ill! Once you are satisfied, move on to step three, leaving the cleaner in place.
3. Leave the cleaning fluid in its place for at least half an hour, with the door of the oven closed. You will find that this allows for the maximum possible time with which the oven cleaner can do its work on your oven in the SW17, and you will no doubt find that it makes your life a lot easier. Turn your attention to the racks in the sink, which should rinse off pretty easily, having been exposed to the cleaning product for a while. If not, use a scourer to get through the tougher stains in your oven in the SW16 district, as some baked on food can be difficult to get rid of! If you get this done in time, you should wipe down the outer areas of the oven, including the hobs on the top. For this you can use a washing up liquid, or any surface cleaner, rather than the specialist oven cleaner.
4. Scrub the inside of the oven with a long handled brush, ensuring that you are getting in to all of the corners. Unfortunately, there are no short cuts with this, it’s just a lot of hard work!
5. Once the dirt has been removed from the inside surfaces of your oven in Streatham, you can simply rinse the oven out with a fresh cloth and some cool water, ensuring that you are still wearing your safety gloves.
Hiring A Cleaning Company For Your Spring Clean In Belsize Park
How To Clean Your Floor in Islington
Get Your House In Maida Vale Clean With These Domestic Cleaning Tips
How to Make House Cleaning In Highbury Fun for the Entire Family - Including the Kids
Saving Time With Cleaning The Office In Dulwich
Tips for Proper Upholstery Cleaning in Battersea
What Should You Expect From A Cleaning Company In Finsbury Park?
Combating Your Chores with Professional Cleaning Services in Hackney
How To Properly Clean Your Home In Crystal Palace
How To Clean Your Mirrors And Windows In Edgware
Eco-Friendly Or Conventional Cleaning Methods - You Decide What To Use In Hampstead
Full Carpet Cleaning In Ealing - Your Options
Top Tips For Cleaning Windows And Mirrors In Fulham
What Is The Most Reliable Method Of Domestic Cleaning In Harringay?
When Is The Best Time To Clean A Patio in Kensington?